- ANNA SOKOLOW; THE REBELLIOUS SPIRIT by Larry Warren
- Harwood Academic Publishers
- Now in its second edition, the definitive life of Anna Sokolow – For dancers, choreographers, dance instructors, historians and anyone who enjoys an insightful and passionate biography.
- Available at bookstores and on many on-line book store sites.
- THE MODERN DANCE: SEVEN STATEMENTS OF BELIEF by Selma Jeanne Cohen
- Middletown, CT.: Wesleyan University Press, 1966
- THE BORZOI BOOK OF MODERN DANCE by Margaret Lloyd
- New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1949
- rpt. New York: Dance Horizons, 1974
- AMERICA DANCING by John Martin
- rpt. New York: Dance Horizons, 1968
- PRIME MOVERS: THE MAKERS OF MODERN DANCE IN AMERICA by Joseph H. Mazo
- New York: William Morrow and Co., 1977
- THE VISION OF MODERN DANCE by Charles H. Woodford, Naomi Mindlin, and Jean Morrison Brown
- Princeton Book Company, Hightstown, New Jersey, 1998
- This essay which was first published in Dance Magazine (July 1966) is a classic statement about modern dance.
- Masaki, Eri. – New York Dance Fax, August 1997
- Stodelle, Ernestine. – Ballet Review, Spring 1995
Many historic essays, articles, and reviews are available at the New York Public Library for the Performing Arts, 40 Lincoln Center Plaza, New York, NY 10023-7498. The Library also contains 75 films and videos which can be viewed on the premises.
ON THE WEB
ANNA SOKOLOW by Elizabeth McPherson. DanceTeacher, January 15, 2009.
THE JEWISH WOMEN’S ARCHIVE. Anna was named the 2002 Woman of Valor by the archive, who created this wonderful multimedia biography.